BER F, For Sale
€315 - Detached, Residential
This traditional, single storey cottage on circa 6.36 acres, with adjoining lofted stables and livestock sheds, is an example of one of the few remaining farm houses of its kind in the area. Included in the 6.36 acres is a 0.66 acre site with excellent road frontage with potential for a single dwelling house, subject to planning.
The house was renovated and extended over the years, its’ original thatch being replaced with a tiled roof. The surprisingly spacious interior is in very good condition with accommodation comprising entrance porch, living room, kitchen, sunroom, utility, main bathroom and three bedrooms, with a dressing room and en-suite off the master bedroom. A stairs leads to the converted attic which could be used as a home office or studio and offers great storage space. Double doors lead from the sunroom to a private patio to the rear. The heating is oil fired central heating with an open fireplace in the living room and master bedroom. The boiler is in an outdoor boiler house.
The present owner keeps sheep on the farm but it is ideally suitable for horses. The County Galway hunt (Blazers) are kennelled in Craughwell.
It has a front yard with ample parking and a back yard, with a separate entrance, giving access to the stables, covered way and land.
There are three stables under the loft in the large stone barn. Two are 3m x 3.7m and one 4.43m x 4.32m. All have hay racks & mangers.
Access to the loft is by a ladder in the former carriage shed, now the feed shed.
There are a further two stables off the covered way.
There is a cattle crush and pen, a lean-to shed, a large sand arena and a large field shelter.
The land behind the house is divided into three sections, one of which has site potential. Opposite the house, on the far side of the road, 2.61 acres of agricultural land extends to the Rahasane turlough, the largest turlough in Europe. The Rinn- Killeeneen water scheme provides water to the land and the house.
There are a choice of national schools nearby, Killeeneen National School being the closest and the ‘Educate Together’ in Kilcolgan which is less than a ten minute drive.
Viewing is by appointment and is highly recommended.
- Separate entrance and yard to the stables, covered way and land.
- Large sand area isectioned off behind the house.
- Single storey, three bedroomed cottage on circa nine acres with adjoining lofted stables and livestock sheds.
- Included in the 6.36 acres is a 0.66 acre site with planning potential for another dwelling house.
- Oil fired central heating with boiler in an outdoor boiler house.
- Presents in very good condition.
- 2.61 acres of this extends to Rahasane turlough, the largest turlough in Europe.
- Present owner keeps sheep on the farm but it is ideally suitable for horses.